Frequently Asked QuestionsChild Language Center
Where are you located?
- 202 E Speedway Blvd, on the southeast corner of 6th Ave. and Speedway.
Are you a daycare?
- No, we are a specialized early childhood education center. Our preschool curriculum is focused on whole-child development with emphasis on speech, language and literacy skills.
What ages do you serve?
- Ages 2-5.
What hours are you open?
- Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 4-day or 5-day per week options are available.
- Half days run from 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Full days run from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Those hours don’t work for my schedule. Do you provide longer hours?
- Before care starts at 7:30 a.m. for an additional fee.
- After care is available until 4:30 p.m. for an additional fee.
What are the dates of your program?
- The academic year for Toddlers (ages 2-3) runs August to June.
- The academic year for Preschool (ages 3-5) runs August to May.
- Summer camp (ages 3-8) runs May – June.
How soon can my child start?
- We enroll year-round based on space availability.
What is the cost of your program?
- Our fee schedule for the current school year can be viewed here.
What is your teacher: child ratio?
- Toddler program – 1:5.
- Preschool – 1:7.
Do you offer any discounts or scholarships?
- Yes. To download the Scholarship application click here.
- If your child has a current Individualized Education Plan (IEP) you may qualify for outside funding assistance through School Tuition Organizations (STO), such as the Institute for Better Education (IBE). Please see their website, ibescholarships.org for more information.
- Discounts are available to UA employees and students and to those employed in Public Service – first responders, health care providers, and educators.
Is your school accredited?
- Yes, we are accredited by National Accreditation Commission for Early Care & Education Programs and have a 5 STAR rating through Quality First.
Does my child need to be toilet trained?
- To attend the preschool, your child must be at least 3 years old and potty trained.
- Children 2-3 yrs that are not yet potty trained will be placed in the toddler program.
Will my child receive speech therapy in the classroom?
- Children receive one-on-one, small and large group intervention throughout the school day.
I have no speech concerns for my child. Can they still attend?
- Yes, children with and without speech-language needs are enrolled here.
I’d like to visit the school, can I schedule a tour?
- Tours must be scheduled in advance. Click here to schedule yours.
What do I have to do to enroll my child?
- Schedule a Tour
- Submit application and registration fee
- Complete enrollment documents
- Meet your child’s teacher before their first day of school
I am not interested in a preschool program. Is it possible to get only speech therapy services for my child?
- Yes. Free speech-language screenings are available. Evaluation and therapy fees can be viewed here.
How can I schedule a speech-language evaluation for my child?
- Evaluation and therapy appointments are scheduled in cooperation with the University of AZ Grunewald Blitz Clinic for Pediatric Communication Disorders. Please download and complete the necessary forms by clicking here. These may be faxed to (520) 624-2947, or sent via postal mail to: 202 E. Speedway, Tucson, AZ 85705.